Selecting the right photographer for you.
Happy Soleful Sunday…. I missed last week because I was a little under the weather. Today along with posting one of my favorite pair of shoes for the week, I am also going to give a little advice because it is important for you to know. A lot of couples are planning for their big day. There is an overwhelming amount of choices for venues, cakes, dresses…and (sigh) Photographers.
One of the biggest decisions you will make about your wedding day is choosing your wedding photographer. This person(s) will be responsible for capturing all the incredible moments of one of the best days of your lives, so you want to make sure they are a good fit for you, and pretty darn good at their job. Here are some questions you may want to ask your potential photographer⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. How would you describe your working style? You want to see what type of photographer they are. Do they lay low, fade into the background, and capture things as they unfold naturally? Or do they take charge and set up shots?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Are you the photographer that will be shooting my wedding? Will you have a second shooter or assistant?
3. Have you ever shot at my wedding venue?
4. What is your backup plan if you are unable to attend my wedding?
5. If my event goes beyond our agreed upon time, is there an extra charge?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
***BONUS***You need to ask yourself, “Do I vibe with this photographer? This is THE most important question you can ask. You will be spending a lot of time with your photographer, and you want to be comfortable with them and around them.
I want the absolute best for my clients, so I encourage them to shop around. A consultation does not have to be a commitment. Find who works for you #itanimages
Here is my shoe pick of the week. They are very comfortable.
….from a photographer and her shoes. 📸👠